1.12.2009

oh, so sweet.

My latest health adventure? Trying to cut out sweetener in my daily morning coffee. I’ve always been a 2-sugar packet kind of gal, but after learning scary details behind chemically created sweeteners, bleached sugars, and added calories, I decided to give it a try. I know there are much better alternatives, such as Raw Sugar and natural sweeteners like xylitol and stevia, but I love to see how far I can push myself. So, this morning, instead of my normal 2 Splendas and skim milk, I’ve knocked it down to 1. We’ll see how long I last before my sweet tooth starts begging for the little white granules.

Looking for a healthier alternative to your daily sweetener? Try these, mainly found at Whole Foods and natural food stores:

Emerald Forest
SweetLeaf
Truvia
Whey Low

6/3/09 Update: After himming and hawing over which sweetener to choose, I decided to choose the one closest to mother nature with the least amount of processing, regardless of caloric amounts. So, organic raw sugar is the way to go for now... unless something better comes along or someone has a better suggestion!

No comments:

Post a Comment