3.19.2009

thought for the day.




So, I try really hard not to preach about being a vegetarian. I'm a big believer in leading by example, and I don't think pushing ideas on people has a positive effect. Of course it would be great if more people in the world made the choice to cut back on eating meat, but I try to just focus on myself and know that I'm making a difference in the lives of animals, my body, and the planet. I've been meat free for almost one full year, and I think that's pretty damn great.

I'm not sure how well my quest of keeping it to myself is working out, though, because my parents have dubbed me with the nickname "food nazi". But it's taken me this long to post about being a vegetarian, and that's gotta say something, right? My poor husband takes the brunt of it, but he's a good sport and thankfully lets me say my peace and move on when I get all up in a tizzy. Anyway, I just heart this picture of little Lisa Simpson. She's so cute, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment