10.14.2009

a post of updates.


I've had a serious lack of posts lately. I just recently received a promotion and I now work at a different location. The new position cut my commute in half – woohoo! And I have my own office and everything. It’s like I’m a grown-up or something! So I thought I’d take this opportunity to give a few updates on recent posts.


First of all, the garden. It started out a little rocky in late May with my tiny little seedlings holding on for dear life. They actually grew to be ridiculously large and healthy plants (thank you homemade compost!), but I didn’t get to harvest anything until early September. Being a veggie garden newbie, I’m not sure if this is normal, but my bell peppers didn’t get a chance to grow to full size before I had to pull them for frost and freezing temperatures. Oh the joys of living in Michigan. Next year I’ll definitely start the garden sooner. Anywho, take a glance at the photo below and you’ll see everything I’ve had to harvest. I’ve already devoured several tomatoes, and have probably given away around 20 of ‘em. Quick! I need tomato recipes! (I did consider chucking a few at a house in my neighborhood sporting an Iowa flag after the Michigan football game last Saturday night… dang Hawkeyes.)



Now for the beloved topic of running. Brad and I still have the goal of completing the Thanksgiving Day 5k in Toledo, however, we’ve been slacking a bit. So starting yesterday we will be hitting the gym hardcore for the next 6 weeks. And if we visit the gym 15 times in the next 6 weeks, we’re going to totally reward ourselves. Maybe some Ben & Jerry’s Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream? Mmmmm.


It has also been 6 weeks since my Mom and I decided to halt our shopping for one full year. It actually hasn’t been hard, probably because I’ve been avoiding my favorite stores. Next week I’m traveling to Brooklyn to visit my good friend for a few days. One of my favorite parts of visiting NYC is going to Canal Street and seeing all of the vendors selling great knock-off bags and accessories at bargain prices. No Canal Street shopping on this trip to the big apple. Maybe I’ll just have a looksie… must. be. strong.


Happy Hump Day, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment