6.09.2009

the little veggies that could

Well, I've been quite worried about my fragile little seedlings that I planted over a week ago. I somewhat expected them to take off and grow quickly after planting them, but have yet to see such progress. Out of the 6 tomato plants, I'm hoping at least half make it. They've developed a few more leaves, but at this rate I'm expecting to finally have tomatoes around... let's see... Christmas? Mmmm.... a yummy Christmas tomato pie.

I was fortunate to receive a few onion bulbs from someone at work who had extras. The morning after planting them, one turned up on top of the soil, so I'm assuming a little neighborhood critter dug it up and decided onions weren't for them.

Looking forward to seeing how everything turns out, and hoping to have lots to harvest and share!

No comments:

Post a Comment