9.10.2009

tackle dummy.

If there's one thing I cannot even fathom, let alone bring myself to think about, it's animal cruelty. I just don't get it and never will. Michael Vick, the famed NFL player who was jailed for 18 months for his ties to a dogfighting ring was recently welcomed back to the NFL and will now play for the Philadelphia Eagles. Unfortunately that's a fact we're all going to have to live with. I did, however, come across this story. A Philadelphia animal rescue group is going to donate 5 pounds of dog food to local animal shelters for each time Vick is tackled during Sunday's game against Washington. Let's hope for TONS of tackles against the sorry excuse for a human. Take him out Washington!

On another Michael Vick note (as if we needed another one), the Ohio State quarterback, Terrelle Pryor, wore his support of Vick at last Saturday's football game against Navy. Pryor was seen sporting the word "Vick" on one of the black stickers underneath his eyes. According to an article on ESPN, Pryor "loves" Michael Vick and feels he "needs more support". Wow. Now as you may or may not know, my husband and I are enormously huge Michigan football fans, so it is only natural we would have a severe dislike for all things OSU. Just another reason to despise Pryor and his football team. Check out the picture at my husband's blog, Maize & Blue Nation.

I have to end on a much happier note, and in support of all things doggie, I've included a picture of my best bud, Bo, and his cousin Mandy. Bo will be spending the weekend at my parents' with Mandy while my husband and I are out of town for a wedding. How cute are they! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment